Mittwoch, 4. April 2007

The Newbie Guide to Word of Mouth Marketing

Since I have started to write about Word of Mouth and its importance for Business Success, I get often asked – “So, you are the Business Psychologist, tell us what can we really do in order to make use out of this new developments in marketing and this word of mouth stuff?”

Here is the “Newbie Guide to Word of Mouth Marketing”:

1. get some of the popular books, studies and read some good Blogs about Word of Mouth, Viral Marketing,Web 2.0…
in order to get the basic understanding of the concepts and foundations of these areas (in the next weeks & months I will post something about the Word of Mouth Resources that were valuable for me)

2. find out the current situation in your company / NGO – how do you address word of mouth marketing:
    a. where is your potential – where are your strengths
    b. what is your USP – which tools and messages to you use to
         communicate it
    c. where are your weaknesses
    d. where do you want to be in 5 years / what do you want to reach
         at the strategic level
    e. what can you do increase your strengths and remove your
         weaknesses

3. next identify the things that you can do right now, the changes that have to be made in your company and the tools and strategies you want to use in order to drive growth

4. make these idea a priority in your top management (as with all important projects, the support & understanding of the top management is crucial)

1 Kommentar:

Christian hat gesagt…

Hi Mathias, I just stumbled in by the «next blog» button and hey, your blog is just what I need. If you start a new blog and want it to become successful, then what you need is viral marketing. I have decided to spend less energy on web 1.0, where I started and where I see a certain, but limited success. Instead I am about to put more energy into web 2.0. I already have some ideas of how to bring up my brand new blog, Med Journal Watch. My dream is that some day in a not so distant future you may use it as a paradigm of how viral marketing should work. See you.