Montag, 3. Dezember 2007

Guideline - Elements of successful Word of Mouth / Viral Marketing

In this entry I will describe some of the aspects and elements that are necessary for successful word of mouth marketing.

Market research: What kind of word of mouth already exists about my company and products? What do customers and consumers say about my products, services and brands?

Reactive Management: Which of my customers are spreading negative word of mouth / talk negative about my products and brands? Why? What do I have to do in order to surprise my clients and customers so they transform there negative word of mouth into positive word of mouth?

Product policy: Which of my products have potential for creating word of mouth by themselves? How can I support and enhance this potential?

Communication policy: Does my communication have viral potential – do my messages spread from customer to customer? Do I use certain elements my advertising and communication that customers like to forward to each other and talk about? Is it easy for customers to send my marketing materials to other customers? Can Customers easily download and forward my advertising (posters, videos, audios, games….)? Do I incorporate the psychological elements of successful communication into my PR and advertising?

Customer Relationship Management: Do I know my satisfied customers? Do I know my most influential customers? Do I know, which opinions influence my market? Do I try to reach and bind these customers to my company?

Controlling: How to I measure the success of my activities? How can I recognize if word of mouth is improving or not? Do I know the Net Promoter Score (very important figure) of my company, my products and services? How can I improve my Net Promoter Score?

1 Kommentar:

mikkie hat gesagt…

Hey Mathias,

Christmas holidays allowed me to catch up on blogs again. It is great to see you are updating so regularly! Really interesting stuff here.

Have agreat Christmas and see you again somewhere in Europe!

Kim