Samstag, 20. Oktober 2007

Nike and Burger King - Two good examples for Word of Mouth Campaignes

I just want to mention two interesting marketing campaigns, which I noticed during the last 2 weeks.

The first campaign is from Nike and is focused on the creation of a special shoe for native Americans.
“… the Air Native N7 is designed with a larger fit for the distinct foot shape of American Indians, and has a culturally specific look. It will be distributed solely to American Indians; tribal wellness programs and tribal schools nationwide will be able to purchase the shoe at wholesale price and then pass it along to individuals, often at no cost.”

The second campaign is from Burger King, which is currently promoting its new social networking community on the radio station NRJ. The interesting about this campaign is that Burger King combines offline Promotion (inside the Burger King Restaurants) with radio advertising (they got their own 4 hours show) and the Web 2.0 Social Networking Trend…

Both campaigns have some good word of mouth potential and could be used as cases studies for successful word of mouth / Viral marketing. I could go into the psychological and marketing details, but unfortunately I have no time ;->. I will go to Sofia / Bulgaria (from 21th till 28th) tomorrow and attend a another one of my intercultural trainings (I will also do some workshops there). If you want to reach me during this time, please write me an e-mail at: mathias-kraft@gmx.net. I will be back on the 29th.

Keine Kommentare: